Please read, be aware of and follow the race rules during the event.
- The leading male and female by overall standing (cumulative time for all stages) must wear the supplied leader’s yellow jersey for a minimum of 1hr before the race starts, during the entire stage and for 1 hr after they finish the stage, for the stages where they are the general classification leader. Only the current general classification leader is permitted to wear the leader’s yellow jersey for that stage.
- First place overall male and female in each stage will receive a 20 second time credit for that particular stage that will be applied to their cumulative race time. 2nd place overall male and female will receive a 10 second time credit for that particular stage that will be applied to their cumulative race time.
- If you withdraw from a stage for any reason whatsoever, you MUST advise a marshal or member of race management as soon as possible. This is VERY important, as otherwise you will be assumed missing and a search commenced.
- Competitors must complete the full course on a non-motorised bicycle.
- Competitors must ride the complete course as marked and directed, passing through all checkpoints. Taking shortcuts or using any unfair means of obtaining an advantage over other competitors will result in disqualification. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that the correct course is followed!
- All competitors must wear a certified bike helmet at ALL times.
- Individual competitors must use only one bike frame for the entire ride, although wheel changes are permitted.
- All competitors must carry the listed compulsory equipment.
- Race numbers must be displayed on the front handlebars at all times and cannot be modified or cut down in size in any way.
- Riders may accept mechanical assistance on the course only by other registered racers and Race staff.
- A competitor cannot provide assistance in forward progression (pushing, pulling, towing) or food or drinks to another competitor in another category unless you are racing in the ‘Team of 2’ category or in emergency circumstances.
- Prior to being accepted into the event, all participants must read and sign the Terms of Entry and Waiver in person at the event registration.
- Australian Road Rules apply at all times on all roads, tracks and trails.
- Only registered riders or Race Officials may ride on the course.
- Pedal assisted e-bikes may be used provided they do not have a power output greater than 250watts or a powered speed faster than 25km/hr. E-bikes will have their own category and will not be eligible for age group or overall prizes or prize money.
- Riders are only eligible to win prizes in the category in which they register.
- Failure to abide by rules may result in time penalty or disqualification.
- Rapid Ascent has sole discretion to alter or amend the race format or the rules in order to increase the safety of participants or for any other reason deemed appropriate.
- All protests must be lodged in writing with the Race Director within 15 minutes of the official results being posted. A judging panel of three (including the Race Director) will adjudicate on all protests and other contentious matters, and their decision will be final.
- If the race is cancelled after it has started, as soon as you have been notified of the cancellation, it is each rider’s responsibility to get themselves back to either the Start or Finish areas.
- Littering the course with inner tubes, food wrappers or any other litter will result in instant disqualification.
- Competitors who do not complete a particular stage may still compete in subsequent stages but are ineligible for prizes and their overall result will be shown as “unranked”.
- You will race in the age group category of your age on the first day of the event
- Only entrants entered as a Six-Stage Rider prior to Stage 1 are eligible for the General Classification award.
The following equipment MUST be carried with you for all stages of the event (except Stage 2):
- Emergency safety blanket
- A First Aid Kit comprising at least: 2 x crepe bandages, 2 x non-adhesive wound dressings, 6 x steri-strip wound closures, 1 x triangular bandage and a pair of surgical gloves.
- Mobile Phone
- For Stage 4 only, you must carry working headlights and a rear red light.
First Aid Kits and Safety Blankets will be available for purchase at Registration or online at our Merchandise Store.
We will be conducting random checks for First Aid Kits and other compulsory equipment during all stages. Any competitor found without the required equipment at any point will be given a 1 hour time penalty. This will be strictly enforced.
If you withdraw from a stage and accept external assistance to get to the finish line, or if you do not start a stage in the race you will be listed as an unranked competitor. However, you may still race all following stages. You will not, however, have an overall standing and cannot win an overall prize.