$1,000 Cash prize for the most average group or club!!
The Redback is a super-popular event for groups of mates to come and race together, so what we didn’t get to do in 2021, we are now doing in 2022!!! $1,000 cash will be awarded to the most average club or group of riders who race all 6 stages! Good hey?!
“Most average…” what the? Yup, we will give the $1,000 cash to the group of riders who finish in the exact middle of Groups / Clubs Category at the end of the 6 stages. So if there are 17 groups then 9th place gets the cash!
The Group / Clubs category is explained below, or HERE
The following categories will be acknowledged after each stage as a ‘Stage Winner’ and in the final event presentations.
- Junior (Under 18) individual – male and female
- Prime (18-39) individual – male and female
- Veteran (40-49) individual – male and female
- Vintage (50-59) individual – male and female
- Masters (60+) individual – male and female
- Group / Club category #
- Pedal assisted E-Bike *
# Determined by the cumulative average stage time for groups of 5 or more 6-stage riders who advise us they are from the same group. More details HERE.
* Pedal assisted e-bikes may be used provided they do not have a power output greater than 250watts or a powered speed faster than 25km/hr. E-bikes will have their own category and will not be eligible for age group or overall prizes or prize money.
A presentation ceremony will be held each evening that will include:
- Reading of the results for each male/female category – an award is presented to 2022 stage winners
- Greater emphasis given to random prizes given away to riders across all divisions from the days’ racing.
- Presentation to the leading male and female in each category in the GC, as well as overall leading male and female in the GC
Final Presentations (Sunday Evening)
A presentation ceremony will be held on Sunday evening to recognise the following from the past 4 days:
- Top 3 male and females in the General Classification who entered as a Six-Stage Rider prior to Stage 1
- Top 3 male/female in each age category who entered as a Six-Stage Rider prior to Stage 1
- $1000 Cash Club/Group Prize (details HERE)
- Plus a whole bunch of random prizes.
The Tavis Johannsen Memorial Trophy
Tavis Johannsen was a friendly, enthusiastic, and passionate person who always strove to get the most out of life – so it was with utter disbelief that he passed away in his sleep in 2009. Tavis did the Red Centre MTB Enduro in 2008 and also in 2009 and held the event and the outback very close to his heart. With the encouragement of Tavis’s friends – many of whom have competed in the event in the past – we have struck a memorial trophy in honour of Tavis.
As such, the male winner of the final stage of the event, Stage 6, will be awarded with the Tavis Johannsen Memorial Trophy. (The trophy has been donated by Brendan Heenan from the MacDonnell Range Holiday Park– who was also Tavis’s father in-law.)